Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It's Been Awhile....

As pointed out by loyal fan Derby Bill, it's been awhile since i've updated this. Since then, VCU's season ended and the college basketball world was turned upside down by Billy Packer's proclamation that the game is over. Well the season's over and now the focus turns to baseball. I'm a Marlins fan and a Twins fan too. Love the "mid-major" baseball. These two payrolls together don't even equal the Phillies payroll who is in the 100 million range i'm sure. But something about them is sexy...I know their not the best teams but rooting for the underdog is better then rooting for Microsoft.

My focus also goes to the Stanley Cup playoffs where my Flyers get the Caps....I really think this is the best matchup for them and they should win in 6. Those of you who laugh at hockey need to turn on Vs. this week (channel 2 for those of you on Comcast) and watch the majestry of the NHL. Especially tune in when it looks like sudden death OT happens. That's so great that even if you don't have a rooting interest, your nervous for those teams out there.

Also, after a brief respite, the Sixers will be back in the playoffs and they are the picture of mid-major basketball. No real stars but hustle their asses off. I love this team almost as much as I did when they had AI. Seriously though, the NBA playoffs suck....7 game series' all of the rounds? No thanks...I don't need to watch the same old crap every game of the series...gimme hockey's playoffs.

No comments: