Friday, May 8, 2009

Sports World Musings

So much going on across the board so let's go for some musings

MLB
- Manny's on illegal drugs. Oh well. I'm from the camp that I just don't give a crap. I go to baseball for a few things....some cash to spend if I'm doing well in my picks, some entertainment if my team is winning and a diversion if my life isn't going so hot. Yeah, i'd like to tell my kids that the players didn't cheat but is it really cheating if the majority is doing it. And don't think that because they havent been exposed, doesnt mean they didnt cheat. I just don't care anymore.
- The Nationals arent the worst team in baseball. Their record may say so but their lineup is better then a lot of teams' with better records. Their pitching staff is going to improve once Zimmermann learns to stop relying on his fast ball. Stephen Strasburg threw a no-no tonight and struck out 17. He'll be on this team in August and September. This will be a ticket you want to get so stay tuned to the show to get your tickets. This team will be around come August and September and won't be an easy win.
- The Yankees won't win the AL East. Their bullpen just isn't good enough for them to do it. Not every SP is CC Sabathia who can throw 130 pitches every time. The Red Sox or Rays will take it and the Jays will hang around the Wild card race too.

NBA
- I'm sorry, i'm just not a LeBron fan. Then again, I'm not an NBA guy so the thought of Kobe/LeBron NBA finals just doesnt interest me. I'd like a Suns/Magic "First to 120" series. I'm not interested in the close game in the 80's with many timeouts and "strategy" You can get me into a game with all these suspensions and all these issues that they've been having.
- Sixers Brass...if you are reading this. Please draft Eric Maynor. We need a point guard who can score and he fits the bill there.

NHL
- Begrudgingly I must give the NHL it's due. This Caps/Pens series has been pretty spectacular despite what it took to get here. I'm also glad that it's bringing new fans to the sport who see that it's pretty fun to watch especially played at it's highest levels. Finally, I'm also glad that they are seeing Sidney Crosby for what he is which is a pampered superstar who needs to get a reality check that there are others out there besides him.
- Finals prediction: Ducks - Caps.

NFL
- Signups are also taken here for my side of the Brett Favre argument. If he comes back AGAIN, do I get credit for calling it a 2nd time? And to play for the Vikings? Do you have any shame Brett? He was bad for the Jets and his wanting to get revenge against Green Bay may mean that the Packers sweep the Vikes. Would that finally end his career? God I hope so. Just stay away Brett.

No comments: