Friday, October 10, 2008

Week 7 College Football Picks

Week 1: 3-4
Week 2: 4-4
Week 3: 5-2
Week 4: 1-8
Week 5: 2-6
Week 6: 6-1

What a difference one week makes...last week i doubted my prowess at picking college football and doubted that Temple would ever win again. Both changed and in a big way. The Owls vaunted (yes i said vaunted) defense stepped up and did more then enough to take care of a weak Miami-Ohio Team.

Next up for the Owls is Central Michigan and the line was bet down from 10 to 7 in some areas. A lot of people have asked me about this game and I have thought hard about it. I just can't back Temple +7...just can't....This team's offense is way too inconsistent and CMU's is way too good. The Owls defense can hold CMU to 30 or so but I can't see the Owls getting to 20. Gimme Under 47.5 in what should be a low-scoring game. If DiMichele was playing, I'd be all over the Owls +7 or so but with Stewart forget it.

UVA continues their 2nd game of a 3 game homestand and now they host ECU. I was not a fan of the Pirates lately because of how they played. It seemed like UVA put it all together against an overrated Maryland team. They finally committed to the run...I think the good times continue in Charlottesville hopefully keeping Al Groh there. Gimme UVA +6.5

Man, i dont know why im backing Indiana again. They've burned me multiple times this year but Iowa is nothing special. They've done most of their damage at home. I feel like the Hoosiers will put it all together and win outright. Indiana +6

Rutgers and Cincinnati arent exactly the best offensively while the Bearcats defense has been nasty this year. I'll take Under 48 in a game that neither team will get to 30 for.

We have yet to see that big explosion from Kansas yet against an opponent with a pulse. Colorado may be that first test for them and i feel like their going to pass with flying colors. Because of this I like Over 54 in this game.

Tennessee has had a lot of issues this season but not on the defensive end. Their QB position has been hideous this year and hasnt been able to help Foster or Hardesty find running room. With that defense of theirs they could hold down Georgia. Under 42 here.

Here's my favorite pick of the week...Southern Mississippi has been an enigma this season losing at home to Marshall and UTEP but not embarrassing themselves against Auburn. Yet for some reason, im backing them at home against Boise. They've won at Oregon and held down Bowling Green. Give me USM +12.

No comments: