Friday, October 31, 2008

Week 10 College Football Picks.....

Week 1: 3-4
Week 2: 4-4
Week 3: 5-2
Week 4: 1-8
Week 5: 2-6
Week 6: 6-1
Week 7: 4-3
Week 8: 3-4
Week 9: 5-2

Well I typed this up once and unfortunately lost it so the wittiness may not be here the 2nd time. Check out my articles on coversexperts.com on USF and Tulsa.

We always start with Temple and it's amazing how the spread in this game has gone down over the years going from 31.5 to 21 to 7.5 this year. I have absolutely no feel in this game. Temple has hung around with Navy lately but I dont know if i feel so confident this year. If the offense picks up, this will be an over and a Temple cover. If the Temple offense continues to suck, it'll be Navy and the under. No pick in this one.

The theme of these picks at least in the beginning is feeling dirty and going against teams and picks i don't like. I'm normally not on Minnesota but they have a juicy matchup against a banged up Northwestern team. No Sutton and most likely no Bacher either. Minnesota has been playing well as of late. Give me Minnesota -6.5.

Tulsa and Arkansas is such an intriguing game this week and was a line i know a lot of us were waiting for. Golden Hurricane -7 o/u 77. This is like playing with fire but give me under 77. Arkansas plays a little bit of defense and it's the most hostile environment Tulsa will play in this year.

Continuing with my backing of teams i cant believe i'd ever do, let's take an Irish team getting a short line against an overrated Pittsburgh squad. Granted Notre Dame is ridiculously inconsistent but with the uncertainty at QB. Irish -5.

Wake Forest is due to explode offensively. The team will welcome Duke with open arms into Winston Salem. The Blue Devils are also capable of putting up some points as well. It's going to be a back and forth game hopefully. Give me over 38

Any chance Tulane had at covering against LSU went out the window when Andre Anderson went out for the season. The only question is how motivated LSU will be for this game. Give me under 55.5 in this one. LSU's offense is so inconsistent that they may not put up 40 in this one.

To me this could be the easiest bet on the board and i'm glad i got on it early. The mediocrity of conference USA produces a ton of points. Southern Miss and UAB are no different. Joe Webb and Damian Fletcher are capable of putting up a couple TD's each. This game will be in the 60's or 70's. Give me Over 58.

Finally, give me the under in the Sunday night....Neither teams are overwhelming on offense and UCF is solid enough on defense. Give me under 51.5 in a game where neither team will hit 30.

No comments: