Friday, October 17, 2008

Week 8 College Football Picks

Week 1: 3-4
Week 2: 4-4
Week 3: 5-2
Week 4: 1-8
Week 5: 2-6
Week 6: 6-1
Week 7: 4-3

Oh man, i can't wait for Tuesday night so the ESPN2 watching nation can watch the Owls in action. Obviously no pick from me yet in this game but i'll say this...with Adam DiMichele at the helm, the Owls are the 3rd best team in the MAC behind Ball State and maybe Central Michigan although we almost beat them with crap at QB. Pick on this game coming on Tuesday.

I'll start with the alma mater and USF this weekend. I'm not convinced the Cuse is gonna win the game but they've played with a pulse lately. USF is a massive favorite and rightfully so. The o/u is 49.5. I like the under....here's why....Cuse will play D but won't score much. USF will play D but will score more. Give me under 49.5

Nebraska...man what a fall they've had lately. This team's defense has been hideous and the offense hasn't been able to keep up. Iowa State has been an up and down team so far this year. Their QB Arnaud has been hot as of late. I like ISU +7 and would even consider a ML play on this. Cyclones are for real.

Staying in the Big 12...Oklahoma State is riding high off their upset of Missouri in their place. They return home with an upstart Baylor team. Baylor's offense is very underrated as is their QB Griffith. Sure in a conference with Bradford, McCoy, Daniel and Z. Robinson, you can get lost. This is going to be a video game score. Take the Over 68.5

For some reason Vegas hasn't learned yet. The Hoos are back! well at least at home....They wrap up a three game homestand with a wounded UNC team. The Heels lost Brandon Tate to an injury and he represented a large piece of their offense. Now Brooks Foster and Hakeem Nicks will need to step up. Give me the Hoos +5 in a game they may win outright.

I'm goin off the board with this one. I like UAB....with all my anger of the o/u loss in their last game, they were impressive. Joe Webb has weapons and while Marshall also has weapons, i'll take the home team. Give me UAB +3

Missouri and Texas go at it in the night game. Couldnt be a bigger contrasting momentum goin into this game. Texas a big win, Missouri a big loss....I'm goin with the loser....I think Missouri bounces back. Texas has the hangover effect and the Tigers will be able to capitalize if the Horns go any longer then a quarter to get it goin. Missou +6

Finally, I'm goin with Arizona. Weird things happen in that stadium and im not completely convinced about California. Willie Tuitama blows up bigtime and i think Zona wins outright. To be safe, give me the 3 points. AU +3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Matt, you can have the Tigers against Texas. I believe Mizzou defense will not be able to stop Texas and I look for a double digit win for the Longhorns. Nebraska may have fallen but not as far as Michigan....losing to Toledo...that's a joke!