Friday, November 7, 2008

Week 11 College Football Picks....

Week 1: 3-4
Week 2: 4-4
Week 3: 5-2
Week 4: 1-8
Week 5: 2-6
Week 6: 6-1
Week 7: 4-3
Week 8: 3-4
Week 9: 5-2
Week 10: 5-2

Well in my many years of watching football, I don't think i've ever seen a team self-implode as badly as Temple did last week. What was going to be a promising season fell big time in the span of 3 or 4 plays over 3 or 4 games. Unlike my beloved Owls, i've been hot with the picks.

This has been a favorite play of mine as of late. For some reason the BYU over under in their games hasnt been high enough as they've scored the total by themselves almost. This time they play a horrific SDSU and the total is 59? BYU will score at least that in this game. Considering their defense hasn't been that good either, they may give some up themselves. Take Over 59

Conference USA rivals the Big 12 for offenses and scoring totals. This has a chance to sail over or be way under depending on how Bo Levi Mitchell comes out firing. I feel both teams will put up at least 30 so i'm going Over 63 for SMU/Memphis.

One of my favorite picks if not THE favorite pick of the weekend is in the ACC. While the Wolfpack hasn't been that successful in conference, they still have shown a defensive effort from time to time. I think the week off will do them good. Duke's offense is ridiculously inconsistent. Give me under 49 NC State/Duke

Unders for the most part in the SEC have been money outside of this season. The defenses in this league have not shown up for the most part. I feel like this is the last stand for LSU and their defense. Under 48 Alabama/LSU

A pair of home dogs are next up in the selections: Last time I checked Hawaii stinks away from the Islands. Now I know that New Mexico State isn't exactly a world beater but i'll take my chances that Holbrook has one good game in him to beat UH. Give me NMSU +3.5

Next.....It's been a dismal season for UCLA. Tons of injuries and bad games but Oregon State has been living on the edge. Outside of a win in Washington, they stink out loud on the road. Sure they hung around with Utah but in the end they fell short. Gimme a Bruins team +8 motivated to hurt OSU.

Final pick this week for me comes in the WAC. Very rare to appear on my writeups but something about this game struck me. I like San Jose State -7 over La Tech. The Spartans have some talent on offense with Myles Eden leading them and David Richmond catching his passes. Away from Ruston La Tech is terrible. Take SJSU -7.

No comments: