Friday, October 16, 2009

College Football Picks Are Back!!!

Temple/Army -- It's going to be a wet one in Philadelphia on Saturday as the Owls and Army go at it. Unfortunately Army's specialty is the run game so the weather won't affect them. It may be a positive thing for Temple who won't have Charlton throw them out of the game. This game is going to be played on the ground and Temple's ground defense is pretty damn good. For the 2nd straight week, i'm faced with a point spread that's foreign to the Owls and for the 2nd straight week, i'm playing the opponent. Give me Army +10 in this one as Temple just can't make things easy for me. I see a 24-17 win or something like that.

Wake Forest +7 -- Color me unimpressed by Clemson. They lost to TCU there and while the Horned Frogs are better then Wake, I like the Demon Deacons at a few key areas more then I like Clemson. Skinner and Grobe can win this game for them.

Middle Tennessee State +5 -- This is a scary team at home and has had success against BCS schools sweeping Maryland their last two games. Miss State hasnt exactly lit the world on fire either.

Rice/ECU Under 55
TCU/CSU Under 50

Both of those above are the same game in my eyes. It's a good defense at home against an inferior opponent. I can't see Rice and Colorado State scoring often meaning their defenses have to slow down ECU and TCU. I can see like a 31-13 game in each.

Indiana +2 -- Why are they home dogs? I think that they are better then Illinois and have more to play for then the Illini do. The Hoosiers are capable of winning this game so the points are beautiful to have.

Navy/SMU Over 56 -- This game is my bazillion lock of the week. Last year they played in horrendous weather and almost got here. That won't be an issue in this game as Navy doesnt have the athletes to cover the wideouts of SMU while the Mustangs arent bright enough to be able to stop Navy. Both teams are getting to 30 in this one. Put the house on it.

Miami/UCF -- UCF gets another big boy at home with Miami coming in banged up and all. I really think this is a close tight game so i'm on UCF +14.5 and Under 47. Their offense isnt that good but that defense has talent all over.

Thoughts?

No comments: