Friday, October 16, 2009

Rainy Friday

I honestly don't know how I survived four years in Syracuse. To me, the weather the past few days has been cold and horrible. I'm more of a bright and sunny kind of guy. Kinda like the outlook up in Charlottesville right now? Ain't that something that UVA has decided to pick up their play and start winning. One would like to think they could somehow market this and make money off of the fact that they don't wake up until October. Maybe sell some of it to the Skins who could become the most expensive embarrassment in the NFL. They rival the New York Mets as the team that thinks money wins out. It's heart and that's something that you can't purchase in the free agency market.

With regards to the much vaunted team name of the new Richmond minor league team....I love it. Why shouldnt we? It's clever...it's corny....it's minor league baseball! I for one welcome the new team name and think those who don't should really re-examine themselves. Are you really in a position to get uptight and angry over a minor league team that you may or may not see play at all next season? Honestly, the guy who's making the petition over this is the one who makes me laugh the most. If he spent more time on his work and less time on this stupid petition, his life would be so much better. Yeah, I wasn't a fan of some of those names but you know what, I moved on....I've got too many other things in my life to worry about from women issues to halloween ideas to my next great gambling picks.

Gambling picks? You want some picks? Let me tell you something...I like a bunch of games but if you want that one pick that I'm on....take Navy/SMU over 56. The Midshipmen managed 400 yards rushing on the Mustangs last year in a driving rainstorm. Weather won't be a factor in this one. For every rushing TD Navy will have, SMU will counter with a passing TD. Both teams will reach 30. Put the Hardly Workin Bucks on this one folks...and thank me on Monday.

That's all for now folks!

No comments: