Friday, October 30, 2009

Week 9 College Football Picks

Record: 21-18

As always we start with the Temple Owls. Last week, if I knew that Pierce was playing I wouldnt have played Toledo. My one qualm is that he carried the ball 40 times which was a little much for a banged up RB. This week, they face Navy who they should have beaten last year if not for an untimely fumble. The Middies will be using their backup QB who ran the offense well against Wake but Temple's rush defense is more stout. Behind the legs of Pierce and the solid defense of the Owls, I think Temple wins outright. Give me Temple +7 and if you must play a total, i'd lean under.

Elsewhere:

Idaho -3 -- I dont know why the people are on La Tech in this one. I know their offense is solid and Idaho's defense is pretty bad but c'mon the Vandals are the 2nd best story behind the Owls. Give me the Vandals in this one to win a high scoring affair.

Northwestern +15 -- This is simply a feeling as I dont like the Nittany Lions in this spot. Penn State gets into a sloppy affair in this one and I think the Wildcats keep it close.

ULM/Troy Under 58 -- Troy's defense will slow down ULM without their starting QB. The big hope is that Troy's attack gets slowed down too.

Western Michigan +2.5 -- I'll take the points with the better team in this one. I still dont know how Kent State has only one conference loss.

New Mexico State +45 -- A wise gambler once told me when the spread is close to the o/u to take the underdog as Vegas is expecting a low scoring game. Here's hoping for a 45-3 score.

Indiana +17.5 -- Iowa's banged up offensively so im hoping Indiana can take advantage of this with Doss and Chappell.

Rutgers/UConn Under 47 -- I'm not convinced in either offense to go off on the other. Solid defenses prevail in this one.

Time's yours.

No comments: