Friday, February 5, 2010

Saturday's Selections

We begin with the Owls and Spiders here in Richmond. Yours truly will be in attendance rooting on the cherry and the white. I'm not gonna lie...this matchup scares me. I'd like to see the Owls play a lot of zone and force Richmond to shoot them out of it. If the Spiders choose to zone up the Owls, I'd hope that Moore/Jefferson/Randall come in and slash thru it. Time and time i've short sold Temple this season because I keep getting this nagging feeling that the bottom is going to drop out on them. There's a ton of scoring options on this team but they rarely put it all together with all of them coming together. I've been real impressed with this Spider team and there's no reason why that they couldnt be a thorn in someone's side in the tourney. They are trying to hype this game here in Richmond but weather may keep some away. I'm going to short-sell this team one more time and take Richmond -1. The Spiders take care of business at home in a game that will be ugly as sin.

Nova +2 -- Georgetown was lucky to keep it close the first time these two met. The Vilecat guards are head and shoulders better then the Hoyas. Yarou has to get Monroe in foul trouble for them to be in good shape.

Gonzaga +5 -- I know that the Zags are a flaky team but I feel like the loss to San Francisco focused them a whole lot more. I don't see the Zags losing until the NCAA tourney. Their so much more deeper then Memphis.

Old Dominion +3 -- Let's just say there may be circumstances involved with this game that don't help the Rams out. Monarch size plus experience wins out here unfortunately. Also may not be the biggest crowd depending on the weather.

UCLA +5 -- I'm not sold on Cal. The Bruins have been a drastically better team at home this season. I think they keep it close.

Michigan +1 -- The Wolverines take care of business at home. I like this spot especially since the Badgers have lost three of their last four away from home.

Missouri -4 -- Simply playing the spot against the Buffs who extended themselves big time against Kansas and fell short. I dont think they've got two of those games in a row.

Oregon State -1.5 -- I know the Beavers are flaky (see Seattle game) but why would I think of backing the Ducks in this one. I think the Beavs beat them again.

Wichita State -13.5 -- Indiana State is banged up big time and Wichy smells blood in the water. The Shockers win this one easy.

Troy/WKU Over 143 -- This one went over in Troy and I can't see much of a difference in this one. WKU's game against Monroe would have gone over if the Hilltoppers didnt have a brain fart at the end of regulation.

No comments: