Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wednesday's Selctions

Yikes...yesterday was my first trainwreck of a day. I don't see that as being a trend...stick with me...we'll be fine.

Temple/Duquesne -- The Owls return home before their big game here in Richmond. Temple played great against a shorthanded La Salle team. Next up is Duquesne....a talented but utterly ridiculous team. Bolding and Saunders have to be 1 and 1a in focus for the Temple defense. No doubt in my mind that the Dukes are the more athletic team but they don't play very smart. All that said, I feel this is a close one. Temple has won the last three by 5 points each. This game will be a little more methodical then the Dukes would like because Temple just won't let it get too nuts. Give me Duquesne +13 tonight. The total is right on so i wouldnt touch that. I'm thinking something like 61-50 tonight.

Elsewhere:
UVA -5 -- Line is very fishy. I dont know how NC State wins their games. Outside of Gonzalez and Tracy Smith, this team is devoid of consistent options. Wood and Horner pick and choose when they want to show up. Granted, UVA isnt as good as their record but I think the Hoos win this one easily at home. Maybe they struggle a bit at the start after their win over UNC but Tony Bennett is one of the best coaches in the country.

William and Mary +12 -- We gave you Drexel on Sunday in their game at Williamsburg. Now the Tribe are in Norfolk taking on the Monarchs. ODU is only 6-6 TS against the Tribe in Norfolk. I think William and Mary uglies this up enough that they keep it close in the end.

St. Louis -5 -- So Nicholson is questionable yet the line falls 1.5 points? St. Louis is the better team in this game but the Bonnies have been real pesky this season. Four of their last five road games settled by single digits. Still, I'll take the Billikens in this one.

No comments: