Friday, September 7, 2007

Week 2 College Football Picks

Record: 6-3

Welcome back...We had a good week last night and got very lucky with the Sun Belt teams. I'll begin with the Temple game.

Temple -3 -- It scares the crap out of me that everyone loves Temple and that the line is so small. For once there is actually a talent disparity in favor of Temple. The Owls have way more athletes then UB and actually showed a semblance of an offense. Defensively you can't really gauge the effort considering Navy is so unique. The crowd will be nowhere near as strong but talking to my people in Philly, the fans will be back to the game. I'm taking the Owls but I don't necessarily support it. Last time they were favored was 2003 at home against Rutgers and they got swamped. They'll win the game though.

Vandy +4 -- I watched their game against Richmond and I expect this to be a typical low scoring SEC affair. I think this is a Vandy team that will be able to score on Bama. Can Bama do the same? Probably but I think Vandy will keep up. I see a 20-17 game here.

Wyoming -24 -- So impressive against a piss poor UVA team. Utah State is the most putrid team in america and i don't expect them to get out of double digits. I'm thinking there may be some letdown but USU is so bad that Wyoming will only be up 10 at half.

Washington +3 -- I might have been blinded by the Orange on my alma mater's jerseys but Washington looked great. Team speed looked good and this kid Locker is a stud. I'm just not a big believer of Boise State. This line should be higher to me which means they want BSU money. I'm not buyin it.

Troy +28 -- Once again i'm going to chance it with them against an SEC school. Troy has some offensive weapons mainly Haugabrook and I fully expect Florida to sleep walk through this game. Troy may need that late TD again to get me the cover.

Tulane +5.5 -- I know I know...Tulane sucks but MSU does as well. There may not be much of a homefield but i'll take the home dog in a battle of two bad teams. Matt Forte may be the best player on the field.

Hawaii -28.5 -- Colt Brennan is on a mission and so is this team to lay bad teams to waste away from home. Colt puts up 6 TD's in a quarter and then adds a few more.

Arkansas State +3 -- Impressive vs. Texas...might be a mirage but once again i'll take the home dog. Memphis just not as impressive to me on defense and i think ASU will be able to move the ball on the Tigers.

Iowa -22 -- Man, Syracuse stunk on the road when they had a good team with weapons...how are they going to do without any? Robinson is an improvement over Patterson but that's not saying much. Iowa rolls in their first home game.

Tech +12 -- Gimme the Hokies to lose an inspired 17-13 effort. I don't think Matt Flynn and that offense move the ball as easily.

Kinda lookin at Georgia -4 but I expected the line to be higher.

No comments: