Friday, September 28, 2007

Week 5 College Football Picks

Week 1: 8-4
Week 2: 3-6
Week 3: 5-7
Week 4: 5-3-1

Nice little bounceback week....Temple played well last week...pretty happy

Temple +6 -- This is it....This is the week they will win. Army is so unimpressive it's ridiculous. I like that the line is moving my way as well. I'd be concerned with the support of the Owls and the line moving higher. I'd even feel comfortable taking the ML as well. The offense should move on them and keep Army around 17 points. I can see a 28-17 Owl win.

Indiana +10.5 -- The Hoosiers can keep this game close. Beat Iowa last year with about the same cast and the Hawkeyes are losing offensive weapons left and right. Indiana just needs a few stops to make this happen.

Tulane +42 -- All I need is for them to score one touchdown. LSU wants to get out of this game healthy and while their backups are probably better then Tulane's first team, i just have a feeling the foot will be off the pedal.

Notre Dame +22 -- God I hate backing the Irish but last time I checked Purdue's defense isn't that good. The Irish are due for an offensive explosion at some point (three offensive td's!!!) I can see a double digit loss for the Irish but they'll hang in there.

Michigan State +7.5 -- Boy i'm hesitant with this one...That Spartan Slide could come at anytime. I like how these teams mirror each other. A play of the under is probably better but Wisky has impressed me much.

Maryland +19 -- First test for Rutgers...Maryland's D can keep them in this one. I just have this feeling that Maryland hangs around long enough with the Scarlet Knights.

Under 43 Bama/FSU -- Two solid defenses and less then spectacular offenses.

TCU -10 -- Andre Brown returning is huge for the Frogs. CSU just can't play well away from Fort Collins.

UVA -6 -- Man i hate backing the hoos. Don't like Al Groh...don't like their pansy fans but I see this as a blowout. Pitt can't find a QB and should have trouble moving against that stout UVA defense. Man, I hate this pick but it seems too good.

Washington +21 -- I know the talent disparity in the matchup and i know it's the frosh against the great Trojan D but I love getting that many points against a team with a pulse in front of a raucous crowd.

No comments: