Friday, January 22, 2010

Saturday's Selections...

As always, I'll start out with the Temple game. I have this very sneaky feeling that Fordham covers. I'm not touching this game at all neither total nor spread. One of my personal rules is to never lay that many points on the road. Next up for the Owls is Charlotte on the road which will be tough. I feel like this is an ugly game from the start. If you forced me to take something in this one, give me the under at 128 but i'm not releasing this as a play.

Official Plays:
Drexel -5.5 -- Hofstra just doesnt have the manpower to keep up with Drexel. The Dragons are ridiculously inconsistent but they'll D up Jenkins enough that Hofstra won't be able to score.

Ohio State +5.5 -- West Virginia's not exactly playing great basketball right now. I like the Buckeyes athletes and speed to keep this one close.

Richmond +1 -- GW may be the more athletic team but I'll take the smarter Spiders who won't lose two in a row. There will be a nice Spider presence at the game.

UCLA -1.5 -- Not that I'm a big fan of the Bruins right now but I'm just not convinced of Wazzu. I think the Bruins take care of business at home in this one. The Cougs road woes continue.

Towson +6.5 -- Mason's road team is way different then when they play at home. Towson's not very good but with Hairston and Lee they can keep this one close and maybe win outright.

Over 145 UMass/Baylor -- I think the Guards on both teams do a lot of the work in getting this over. Someone's getting to the 80's in this one.

Over 135.5 UTEP/UCF -- I feel like both teams will get in the 70's. UCF's defense may have shown up against Houston but UTEP has more weapons and neither team will have a problem getting up and down the court.

William and Mary +3.5 -- Odd line as I don't think much changes for the Tribe even after losing to the Rams at VCU. That was a must win for VCU and I think the Tribe's methodical style wins them this game outright over ODU.

Duquesne -4 -- Go figure this line. The Dukes are home and play better there then on the road. I know the Bonnies won at UMass but I think the Dukes are the better team.

Stanford -6 -- Oregon's falling miserably as of late. I think the Cardinal will continue to play well at home. The Ducks streak of bad luck continues.

San Jose State -3.5 -- The Spartans win this one by a lot. New Mexico State nearly blew it at Hawaii and have to continue on the road with a short turn-around against the Spartans.

On the Radar:
Villanova -5 -- I don't see how St. Johns can keep up with the guards of the Vilecats.
Boston College +7.5 -- Both teams are so inconsistent but I think that the Eagles have more firepower then the Hokies do.
Illinois +1.5 -- There will be more Illini fans at this game then NW fans. Color me not a NW fan but I think Illinois is the better team.

No comments: