Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday's Selections

As always, we'll start with the Temple game. This is a tough one for me as Charlotte's hot right now and part of me deep down is still not convinced in this Owls team. They are due to lose but the question is do the Niners have what it takes. Last year Lavoy Allen had a big game against them but this is a different Niners team. They are deficient size-wise but have speed and a nice backcourt. I'm making no official play on this game as I'd really like to see what the Owls do in this one. They arent exactly entering this game on good form. Their defense has been a bit leaky lately excluding the Fordham game. There's better games to bet on in this card then this one. It'll show me a lot if Temple pulls this out.

Elsewhere:
William and Mary -3 -- JMU's homecourt isn't that impressive. The Dukes are inconsistent at best. They may have more athleticism but I think the Tribe is the better team. Can't afford to lose games like this as they actually have a decent resume for an at-large bid.

UNC Wilmington +6 -- Seahawks are the deeper team. Hofstra's bench is kinda short which won't help against the style of UNCW.

Western Michigan +1 -- I've made some money off these guys so I'll take a chance with them at home and the short number.

La Salle/Fordham Over 140 -- I think the Explorers have their way with Fordham. Moderately to quick paced game benefits La Salle. Despite Fordham's scoring struggles I think LS's defense will be more then accommodating.

Tennessee/Vandy Over 146 -- Two quick paced teams. This one's going to be played in the 70's.

No comments: