Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday's Selections

Temple/La Salle -- I think Temple wins this game. It was a bad mix of foul trouble, homecooking from the refs and a hot Charlotte team that contributed to their loss. I dont know if I can take Temple -11.5 because I think that's an awful lot for this game. If the Explorers throw one of their clunkers then yes that's a good play. I don't see it coming as they play us tough always. I'm not playing the game but IF you must......Take La Salle +11.5 and I'd even consider a small play on the over. The Owls defense has been a bit leaky lately and I feel like this game could have both teams make the 60's.

My plays:
Rhode Island -10 -- I don't think GW can keep up with the Rams. If URI gets their pace, which im thinking they will, this game will not be close. The Colonials don't have the firepower to keep up with them.

OK State/Missouri Over 145 -- Both teams will want to run in this one. I think this thing is played in the 70's. Missou averages almost 88 at home. That should be plenty.

St. Louis +7.5 -- I'm banking on St. Louis in this one as I think the Spiders struggle to generate momentum without many fans and with the stingy Billiken defense.

Washington -7.5 -- The Cougs won't know what hits them up in U-Dub. I would have thought this would have been a lot higher of a spread. The Huskies are pretty damn good at home. Don't see it being close.

Auburn Pick -- Tigers 7-5 at home with and have won the last two games at home in this series. I think they make it three today.

New Orleans/Western Kentucky Over 123.5 -- WKU will want to quicken the pace and despite UNO's struggling offense, I feel like they will make this game into the 60's or 70's. Just need one team to do the scoring and I feel confident in WKU to do that.

East Carolina -6 -- I dont like making this pick without LuDawg's opinion but I feel confident that this team is better then Rice. Many offensive weapons for the Pirates.

UTEP/UAB Over 131.5 -- I know the Blazers play good defense but I'm not confident enough in them shutting down UTEP. Outside of last year's game on March 4th, this one's been a scorefest. I'm hoping for that once again. BEST PLAY OF THE DAY.

Pacific -3 -- This team just wins games. I love them today against Riverside who I have made fade material lately. I can't imagine them having much of a homecourt advantage.

San Jose State +16 -- Homestand got this team right. I like them to keep it close with Utah State.

Pepperdine +1.5 -- Not too bad of a team. No real reason why I like this but i'm on it.

No comments: