Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wednesday's Selections

Record: 1-2

Alright, let's begin with the Owls and X....As mentioned many times in this thread I've been way off on my beloved Temple even though last week I did have UMass. I maintain this team has done it thru smoke and mirrors. Having watched X against Dayton the Muskies don't like being D'd up. Ryan Brooks has done an excellent job against the best player of the other team so Crawford will have a tough time. The Muskies looked mighty lost against Dayton without him. I really think that the Owls win this one. The students will be back and the place will be electric. Temple's won two straight at home against X and won a tough one last year in the A-10 tourney over them. Give me Temple -3 and my A-10 tourney bid plz.

MONSTER PLAY
Those of you who follow my threads know that I don't often tout plays as bigger then others. Too much pressure and too much to lose if they are wrong. I feel so strongly about this that I'm willing to go nuts on it. Give me La Salle -10. Last year I remember boasting about this team in this game and they came up just short. As a matter of fact, I remember the spread being 10 and it falling short. This year's game is even more lopsided. Penn is terrible...absolutely hideous. Bernadini may be back but even with him they arent that good. The key here for La Salle is getting Barrett back....I dont care if he plays or not but I love this. The Explorers are going to work hard to get Rodney Green back on track. He has struggled with his shot and has had his PPG go down as the season works along. There's no one on that team that can cover Green and oh yeah...then you got Aaric Murray (who should be an Owl). I think La Salle pounds them. I'm going to go big on the 1H and game spreads....

Elsewhere:
Duquesne/Rhode Island Over 146 -- This game will be so ridiculously paced that I think it sails over. URI should hopefully put up somewhere in the 80's.

Houston -12 -- UCF is such a young team who plays almost no defense on the road. I watched their game against Tulsa and I just can't see the Golden Knights keeping up with the Cougs.

Also on the radar:
Richmond/Charlotte Under 134
Western Michigan -2.5
UAB -11
App State/Georgia Southern Over 146
VCU/Tribe Under 141
UTEP +8

Will be back tomorrow to confirm these after more research.

No comments: